Saturday 20 October 2012

I never needed a nanobot to fix it when my stereo was a sideboard

I bought 2 cds last night and since then I've spent about 3 hours trying to copy them to my phone, more specifically the micro sd card inside it which is the same size as a grain of dust and which I need to pick up with tweezers because my giant monkey hands can not grasp it. 

Why am I even trying to work with stuff that's so small it only functions on a subatomic level? It's beyond physics. I'm just going to do what I used to do in the old days and play the bloody cds, in a bloody cd player! 

I've got other stuff going on in my house, like the cups I need to wash which are all individually 100 times bigger than this sodding sd card....if aliens are watching me from space, they will be laughing their heads off.

maybe I'll nip down to Currys and see if they'll lend me a fecking nanobot to take a subatomic trip down to the bloody thing's molecular level and see if it can convince the atoms in there to start pulling together as a team?

When I was a kid in the 70s my mum bought a stereo that was as big as a sideboard...the reason being it was a sideboard, it just had a stereo inside it.  If that broke, which it never did because it was made of cast iron, you could still use it to stand your nine types of Christmas veg on which wouldn't all fit on the dining table at Christmas.

These days even the adaptor that the bloody micro sd card fits into is so small it could be stolen by a motivated ant while I'm in the kitchen making a cup of tea, which I am going to do right now, and I'm going to settle for playing the cd on an actual cd player, because I haven't evolved the teeny tiny action man hands yet that are required to deal with microscopic music players.

Bye for now...


No comments:

Post a Comment